Submission Guidelines for Authors
The IJ-ELTS is a double blind peer-reviewed, indexed, research e-journal which provides a forum for research studies that approach relevant issues in- English Language Teaching, English Literature & Literatures in English, Linguistics and Translation Studies. The IJ-ELTS welcomes original, unpublished, high quality research papers and case studies in / related to these disciplines. While submitting papers to the IJ-ELTS, authors are required to adhere to the following manuscript submission guidelines.
The submitted papers must be original. Authors must check their work for plagiarism as the IJ-ELTS has zero-level plagiarism tolerance. All the received manuscripts are checked for plagiarism by the IJ-ELTS using its plagiarism tools and mechanisms.
The manuscript must be proofread and submitted in Standard English only. The submitted manuscripts must reflect author’s high level of academic and written competence in English
Submitted paper should be between 2500-8000 words long.
The IJ-ELTS follows and requires APA (American Psychological Association) Style, most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences, for all the accepted manuscripts. Therefore authors are advised to follow APA style while citing and listing all the sources cited in the manuscript. More details on the manuscript formatting and APA style are given in the following IJ-ELTS style sheet and manuscript guidelines for authors in PDF.
Style Sheet and Manuscript Formatting Guidelines for Authors (PDF)
- All the articles must have an abstract of 150-250 words in length with at least 5 keywords.
- Authors should include a cover page with- full title of the paper, author’s full name, academic affiliation, email address, phone number and postal address. As the IJ-ELTS exercises double blind peer-review, author’s name/any other identical details must not appear elsewhere in the article.
- Authors should avoid footnotes in the manuscript. Rather, they should use end-notes.
- Authors should submit a four line bio (including complete name, academic affiliation, highest educational qualification, teaching /research experience and/or interests)-separately from the paper.
- The manuscript should be submitted electronically, as email attachment in MS Document Format (and in PDF as well if the manuscript contains tables, figures or texts in other languages) to email@example.com
Rights and Permission
- The IJ-ELTS editorial board reserves the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript selected for publication for the sake of style and clarity.
- Authors of the accepted manuscripts assign to the IJ-ELTS the permanent right to electronically distribute and store their articles in the publisher’s database as well as in databases of the IJ-ELTS indexing partners. As the primary aim of the IJ-ELTS is to generate and disseminate new, high-quality knowledge, this transfer of rights enables and ensures the wider dissemination of information. This wider dissemination of information also helps us in getting more citations for our authors.
- Copyrights for articles are retained by the authors with first publication right granted to the IJ-ELTS.
- Authors may republish their text, in any form, after the article has appeared in the IJ-ELTS, as long as they clearly acknowledge the IJ-ELTS as original publisher.
- Authors are free to disseminate their works by uploading / submitting in any library / repository/ database etc.
- Authors can retain all the copies, pre-published, published, and can use for their academic, research and any professional needs and purposes.
To ensure the quality of the content, which we publish and disseminate, the IJ-ELTS exercises double blind peer-review policy for all the manuscripts selected for publication.
Review and Publication Procedure
- All the authors, who submit their manuscripts, by following the IJ-ELTS submission guidelines, receive an acknowledgement from the IJ-ELTS, upon receipt, to confirm the safe arrival of the paper.
- The received manuscripts are checked for plagiarism, by using plagiarism tools and mechanism set by the IJ-ELTS, and those selected are forwarded to the editor-in-chief for further evaluation.
- All the manuscripts are first read by the editor-in-chief to check if they fit the journal’s aim and scope and may be rejected without further review.
The manuscripts selected by the editor-in-chief are then sent to the Senior Associate Editors, in charge of the specific section, for further detailed evaluation.
If the Senior Associate Editors and/or Assistant Editors, in charge of the specific section, approve, then the manuscripts are sent to the experts in the subject for further review.
As the IJ-ELTS exercises double blind peer-review, it takes, normally, 2-3 weeks for the reports of the reviewers. Both author’s and reviewer’s identities are kept anonymous.
Authors can expect the initial report and decision on their manuscript after 3-4 weeks from the date of submission.
The final decision, communicated to the authors, can be conditional or unconditional acceptance, a rejection, or an invitation to revise and resubmit. Resubmission is invited if only appropriate changes are envisaged to have been eventually made. Authors are informed by the IJ-ELTS what changes are necessary based on the reviewers’ reports.
The editor-in-chief reserves the right to make any necessary changes in the review process, if the need arises.
The IJ-ELTS office guides and assists all the authors while completing the required final procedures.
Article Processing Charges:
Submissions to the IJ-ELTS are open for all. It does not charge any fees for submitting manuscripts to the IJ-ELTS.
As the primary aim of the IJ-ELTS is to generate and disseminate the most recent data and high quality research on ELT, Literature, Linguistics and Translation Studies, it publishes the papers, highly recommended by the Senior Associate Editors of the IJ-ELTS and external subject experts, after peer-review, without any fees. The IJ-ELTS also has APC waiver policy for authors from developing and low-income countries.
As the IJ-ELTS is an Open Access journal, it asks the authors of the selected manuscript for publication, after peer-review, to pay article processing charges. These charges are from USD 50-100. These charges depend on the country of the author and other various factors. For more details on the article processing charges, authors can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The IJ-ELTS is purely academic research journal. The views expressed by the authors, in their papers, are of their own and not of the journal, editor, owner or publisher.
By submitting papers to the IJ-ELTS, the authors represent that their text, and any illustrations thereto, comply with national and international copyright laws and they solely bear the responsibility of any legal issues related to these. The IJ-ELTS is not responsible for any claims or liabilities, whatsoever, under such laws.
The editor, owner and publisher of the IJ-ELTS do not accept any responsibility regarding any unsolicited publication material, authenticity, accuracy of data, statement, opinions and results.